Search Engine Marketing - Paid Search
There are multiple methods of getting to your target audience, and of course some methods are more efficient than others. Focusing on just one channel is very precarious strategy.
This happens, all the time, every day!
Management did not allocate a budget towards other channels of marketing, and once that well dried up, now management is in Reactionary Mode.
Pay Per Click Marketing
Utilizing PPC marketing, you are guaranteed to get results, SEO cannot offer that. The only time you are billed is when someone clicks your ad. Pay Per Click Marketing within the Google, Bing, and Yahoo networks can help you more towards a successful campaign.
With Pay Per Click Marketing, management allocates a budget towards the auction for page placement. Page placement being where your ad appears in the Search Engines/network. SEM (Pay per Click Marketing) comes in varied forms, each having their strong points.
- Contextual advertising (Advertising banners/graphics on websites your ideal client base would visit)
- Text Ads (Text based ads that appear on the search engines
- Product Listings Ads (Inventory Advertising into search engine networks & Shopping directories.
- YouTube Marketing (Rather inexpensive way to showcase your message into 2nd largest search directory)
- Remarketing Ads (Using tracking codes to follow up on visitors to your site Aka Stalking)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Anyone versed in business can tell you there is a cost for every action made, and that includes to actions not performed. It all comes down to being Proactive vs Reactive, relying on just one channel for your conversions can be costly, if management decided to be proactive and diversify their channels their is a cost too. One of the potential dangers could be if that ONE channel dries up, Then a steep price tends to be paid.